June 2nd, 2017
Cafeteria Special - Chicken Fingers & Fries
Grads - Follow @dmhs_duncan on Twitter for Scholarship News.
- The YHC will be closed for the rest of the week.
- The last dance of the year will be next Tuesday! Tickets go on sale today & Monday in the cafeteria at lunch. Tickets are $6 or $5 with a food donation.
- Whomever borrowed the large roll of white paper, please return to Ms. Farous ASAP..
- There will be a yearbook meeting on Ftoday at 12 in Ms. MacAulay's room. Remember grads the last day to get a yearbook at $20 is June 9th.
- Prom Tickets - $15.00
- Mandatory Jr. Girls Softball meeting in Ms. MacDonald's room at the lunch bell.
- Yearbook order forms are now available, please see Ms. Landry or Mrs. Levy. Due by June 9th. After June 9th yearbooks will be $35
Two Student Summer Job Openings - Royal Canadian Legion #58, deadline for resume is June 9th. Minimum age is 16. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Legion on Wednesday morning/Thursday evenings. For more info, please see flyer on the bulletin board in the Cafeteria.
- Summer employment opportunity at the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Students with an indigenous ancestry are encouraged to apply. Please see Ms Mullen for more details or visit the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Deadline for application is June 9th.
- The Deanery Project presents Bicycle Carnival on Saturday, June 10 from 12:30-6pm. Children $5/Adults $10/$25 Family.
- There will be an Indigenous Nova Scotia Health Science Summer Camp 2017 at Dalhousie University from August 7-9, 2017 for Indigenous students ages 8-11. Please see Ms Mullen for more details. Application deadline is June 15th.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.