May 12th, 2017
Cafeteria Special - Chicken Fingers & Fries.
- Reminder that today is informal Friday! Join us in the gym at lunch to relax and watch a movie!
- Dance Tickets will be on sale today in the gym. The dance will be next Wednesday from 6-8pm. Tickets will be $5
- Yearbook order forms are now available, please see Ms. Landry or Mrs. Levy. Due by June 9th.
- The Sheet Harbour Chamber of Commerce is looking for volunteers to help with their supper this Saturday. If interested please contact Mr. Cumminger or Mrs. Janice Christie.
- The McPhee House is looking for volunteers to help with their spring clean-up. If interested please speak to Mr. Cumminger for more information.
- Little League Registration forms are available at the office, please return TODAY.
- Yearbook meeting Monday at 12pm in Ms. MacAulay's room. Please bring a camera.
- Grads are reminded to cast their vote for the yearbooks Who's Who by accessing the Google form. The address can be found on the grad news bulletin board. All votes are due by Monday, May 15th.
- •Sr. High Students - Permission forms to leave school property following exams are due by May 15th
- Summer employment opportunity at the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Students with an indigenous ancestry are encouraged to apply. Please see Ms Mullen for more details or visit the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Deadline for application is June 9th, 2017
- Grads - Follow @dmhs_duncan on Twitter for Scholarship News.
- Grads - Prom Tickets will be on sale from Monday, May 1st to Thursday May 18th for $10 and $15 after May 18th. Please see Mrs. Levy for tickets.
Indigenous Health Sciences Summer Camp open to grades 8-11 at both Cape Breton University, July 18-21 and St. FX, July 23-26. Application deadline is May 12. Please see Ms. Mullen for details.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.