May 9th, 2017
Cafeteria Special - Honey Garlic Meatballs on a bed of rice.
- Reminder that boys softball tryouts continue today after school.
- Manadatory NSSSA meeting today at 12:20
- Sr. Girls Softball practice Wednesday after school at 3pm. Please hand in an6 forms to Ms. Barret today.
- Students can pick up yearbook order forms at the office or with Ms. Landry. All forms are due by June 9th.
- Prom tickets on sale at noon, please see Mrs. Levy in the office.
- Yearbook order forms are now available, please see Ms. Landry or Mrs. Levy.
- GSA Meeting in the YHC at 12:20 today
- Youth Paint Night at the Henley House May 10th at 3:00pm until 5:00pm. $25 per person- Book your spot by contacting the Sexual Health Centre or see Haley DeWolfe for more information.
- •Sr. High Students - Permission forms to leave school property following exams are due by May 15th
- Summer employment opportunity at the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Students with an indigenous ancestry are encouraged to apply. Please see Ms Mullen for more details or visit the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Deadline for application is June 9th, 2017
- Grads - Follow @dmhs_duncan on Twitter for Scholarship News.
- Grads - Prom Tickets will be on sale from Monday, May 1st to Thursday May 18th for $10 and $15 after May 18th. Please see Mrs. Levy for tickets.
- Dance Guest Slip for the Year End Dance available at the office, due back by 3:00pm on Thursday, May 11.
- Little League Registration forms are available at the office, please return by May 12th
- Students who would like to submit art work for the mental health display for the display cabeinet in the main foyer please meet with Ms. Mullen in the outer guidance area tomorrow.
•Mikmaq Sacred Medicines: Create your own Medicine Box, Wednesday, May 10th in the YHC at noon.
Indigenous Health Sciences Summer Camp open to grades 8-11 at both Cape Breton University, July 18-21 and St. FX, July 23-26. Application deadline is May 12. Please see Ms. Mullen for details.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.