May 25th, 2017
Cafeteria Special - Soft Beef Tacos
Grads - Follow @dmhs_duncan on Twitter for Scholarship News.
- Prom meeting today @ 12:00 in Ms. Ward's room.
- NSSSA photo at 12:20. Meet in Mr. Materi's room.
- Students who signed up to make perogies are reminded to go to the Learning Centre at lunch.
- Jr. Girls Ball Practice today outside at lunch, eat before coming to practice.
- Prom Tickets - $15.00
- Yearbook order forms are now available, please see Ms. Landry or Mrs. Levy. Due by June 9th..
Two Student Summer Job Openings - Royal Canadian Legion #58, deadline for resume is June 9th. Minimum age is 16. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Legion on Wednesday morning/Thursday evenings. For more info, please see flyer on the bulletin board in the Cafeteria.
- Summer employment opportunity at the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Students with an indigenous ancestry are encouraged to apply. Please see Ms Mullen for more details or visit the Sheet Harbour Sexual Health Centre. Deadline for application is June 9th.
- There will be an Indigenous Nova Scotia Health Science Summer Camp 2017 at Dalhousie University from August 7-9, 2017 for Indigenous students ages 8-11. Please see Ms Mullen for more details. Application deadline is June 15th.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.