May 4th, 2017
Students are reminder to check out the TV monitor in the lower hallway for Daily Announcements.
- Cafeteria Special: Soft Beef Tacos
- Reminder that boys softball tryouts today after school. Please see Mr. Evely or Mrs. Mawson if you are unable to attend.
- There is a very important meeting at 12:00 in Mr. MacIsaac's room for Sr. Girls Softball team!
- Grads - Follow @dmhs_duncan on Twitter for Scholarship News.
- Grads - Prom Tickets will be on sale from Monday, May 1st to Thursday May 18th for $10 and $15 after May 18th. Please see Mrs. Levy for tickets.
- Dance Guest Slip for the Year End Dance available at the office, due back by 3:00pm on Thursday, May 11.
- Little League Registration forms are available at the office, please return by May 12th
- Friday will be Camo vs Plaid Day, pick a side and dress accordingly. There will also be a game of line soccer in the gym.
- NSSSA BBQ is being held on Saturday, May 6th from 10:00am -2:00pm at Foodland. Come support the NSSSA.
Grads do you have pictures from elementary, jr high or early high school that you want to see on the yearbook flashback page? Please hand them to Ms. Landry, Ms. Beaver or Mr. Cumminger by Friday, May 5th.
Yearbook Graduation Quotes are due to the office or Ms. Landry by May 8th. Please pick up a form at the office.
•Mikmaq Sacred Medicines: Create your own Medicine Box, Wednesday, May 10th in the YHC at noon.
Indigenous Health Sciences Summer Camp open to grades 8-11 at both Cape Breton University, July 18-21 and St. FX, July 23-26. Application deadline is May 12. Please see Ms. Mullen for details.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.