- Cafeteria Special: BBQ Chicken Pizza and side salad.
- Reminder to all Grads to please return your permission form for Safe Grad to Mr. Cumminger.
- Diana, the nurse practitioner will be in the YHC on Wednesday, please book your appointment with Mrs. Rasmussen.
- The SR Girls Softball Team will be hosting a BAKE SALE THURSDAY!
- SR Girls Softball practice today.
- Sr. Boys Softball tryouts start after school Thursday.
- On Tuesday, May 2, DMHS will be having the final immunization clinic for the year! Reember to eat a good breakfast and wear a t-shirt with short sleeves.
- If you have any questions about the 2017-18 school year and the amalgamation of the students from SHCS, please place them in one of the two buckets located in the outer guidance and the library. General questions will be addressed on the TV monitor in the hallway or via the transition newslettter which will be mailed home. Some questions may require us to have a private conversation with you so if you are comfortable putting your name to the question please do so.
- The Royal Canadian Legion, NS/Nunavut Command are the sponsors of a Legion Leadership Training Camp that will be held from June 24-July 2/17. The program has now been in place for over 50 years and each summer selected youth from our high schools participate in a rewarding leadership training experience. The camp is an excellent experience for our young people to further develop their skills and attributes that will give them the confidence they need to become leaders in our communities. Further information regarding this leadership opportunity is located at www.ns.legion.ca/leadershipcamp.html.
- Anyone interested in submitting personal artwork for an art show or silent auction, please see Ms. Farouse for a submission form.
Aboriginal students interested in attending the Indigenous Health Career Fair on Tuesday May 2nd please see Ms Mullen for a permission form ASAP.
Indigenous Health Sciences Summer Camp open to grades 8-11 at both Cape Breton University, July 18-21 and St. FX, July 23-26. Application deadline is May 12. Please see Ms. Mullen for details.
Do you love reading? Do you follow politics? Do you dream of being a writer? Do you wonder what university might be like? If so, The Humanities Youth Summer program may be for you. The university of Kings College is accepting applications for youth ages 14-16 for a summer program that runs from July 7th - July 16th, 2017. Please see Ms Mullen if you are interested.
Volunteer Services at NSHA Central Zone would like to invite Indigenous students 16 years of age or older an opportunity to volunteer at the QEII. Students who are interested in seeing what it might be like to work in a health facility please apply. The deadline for applications is April 27. Please see Ms Mullen for details.
The Nova Scotia boys soccer team is looking for Aboriginal boys, ages 14-19, to join them at The North American Indigenous Games in July, 2017. If interested, please see Ms. Mullen for more information.
- Mrs. Levy is still waiting for SIN#'s from a few grade 12 students. Please pass these in ASAP.
- Gr. 12 students are reminded to check the bursary binder regularly in the guidance office.
There are a few lost & found items, owners may claim these outside the office.